What is a impeller unbalance?
Unbalance or imbalance is the uneven distribution of mass around an axis of rotation. When this occurs, the center of mass (principle axis) of a rotating object does not coincide with the center of rotation (spin axis). When performed, on-site balancing corrects this error and reduces the effects of rotational speed vibration.
Some Causes of Unbalance Include:
- Unsuitable manufacturing tolerances
- Poor control in machining processes
- Incorrect assembly of components
- Poor material uniformity
- Buildup of debris on rotor
- Wear on rotating surfaces or blades
- Broken, damaged or missing blades
- Improper, or No balancing specifications
The Advantages of Dynamic Balancing
- Enable The correction of imbalance in rotating equipment
- Eliminate the need to dismantle and reassemble plant equipment
- Reduce downtime, labour and material costs
- Reduce overall vibration of the system
- Improve product quality
- Reduce The possibility of catastrophic failures
- Improve safety
Prevention against high vibrations
We recommend performing regular service vibration diagnostics of each fan at least once a year. We will be glad if you contact us.